Tuesday, May 4, 2010

left overs...


no... not the kind you eat. i'm talking about the kind that you sew.

** FABRIC **

when your buying fabric and making quilts do you find that you ALWAYS have fabric left over. i'm not talking scrap pieces, i'm talking pieces that are large enough to make another project or 2 out of.

i thinks it's inevitable.

i've only had one exception to this rule, and that was with my Deer Valley Quilt i'm currently working on. i ran out of fabric and i only needed a couple more 2 1/2" strips to complete it. (thank goodness my sister is a fabric hoarder and i was able to get some scrap pieces from her! thanks Jill)

WHAT do you do with your left overs??? do you make another quilt? a pillow? do you add them to your scraps???

here's what i made with some of my left overs.
i am in LOVE with these fabrics! they are so cute together.

and check out how the quilting turned out!


it's in the shop!

16 comments:

US WEEKLY said...

LOVE IT!!!!!
SS

Alysha Sladek said...

Super cute!!! Looks awesome

Melissa said...

It is such a cute quilt. Seriously Sandra you amaze me with your talents!!

jillian said...

It turned out so cute!

xo me

(now what is this about your sister being a hoarder? I deny all responsibility. I have a medical condition!)

Lisa said...

I recognize those left overs....Audrey's quilt! You can even make left overs look amazing! So cute! I checked on Audrey last night before I went to bed and she was snuggled up with the quilt fast asleep. I'm going to have to take a picture of her one night. Awesome work!

Diane said...

Adorable quilt!

chicken lover said...

Lovely, isthat giant ricrac on the binding? :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute quilt. If you are still monitoring this site, please share the size of your colored blocks. Thanks so much!

fancy nancy said...

I am a new quilter and would like a pattern, instructions or measurements. Very cute

quilting mimi said...

I just love this quilt......I would like to make it for a new grandchild....where can I buy the pattern? Thanks for your help

Gwen Mangelson said...

hey what size are your center squares? love it and thanks for another alternative for scraps!

Sarah Bush said...

I would really appreciate measurements also. I don't have scraps that color coordinated. Will need to figure out how much to buy of each design. Is this a single bed size?

Unknown said...

I would like to know the block size also Could you tell me Denise Kraynak

Quilting B said...

I'm all set to do this, but can't figure out how to pierce the fabric for the crochet hook. Help!

sandra said...

The main blocks for this quilt are 5"x5". I pieced the sashing which was 2.5" wide accordingly. Not sure if that helps but it was a very simple quilt to make!! Great quilt for beginners

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I made a handkerchief quilt and I wish I'd used sashing with a print and sweet border like you did here.